This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

aquaria central

Discussion in 'Off Topic and Chat' started by nursie, Aug 5, 2005.

1. nursie

nursie Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Anyone know what is going on with the site? I kinda expected to see it back up after the first of the month. :confused:

2. PeterGwee

PeterGwee Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Re: aquaria central

Not sure either...went there and got the "suspended" word.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

3. Greg Watson

Greg Watson Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Does anyone know Michael ... if so, please ask him if I can be of any help getting it back online ...

Thanks,
    Greg

4. nursie

nursie Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

There was no indication of problems on the site. In the past near the end of the month certain features had been disabled because of bandwidth useage issues.
    I've seen several regulars over here..was hoping someone might know something. If it's $$, which I would suspect it is, they ought to let people know. Or maybe someone majorly hacked the site, I have no clue.

5. reiverix

reiverix Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Nursie, I was trading plants with daveedka at the weekend and he mentioned that he had emailed oriongirl asking what was up. She was also in the dark and she is a moderator there.

The 'suspended' word doesn't have a good sound to it.

6. nursie

nursie Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

I never would have made it through ICH without Dave..all my loaches made it through great. I got so much great advice from that site. I got the great plant advice from Tom..that's why I came here, but I'm not finding anything with the fish advice out there like AC had.

7. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Ask, I keep fish also:)
    you may need to get my attention, but havign bred all sorts of critters, and havign kept them for over 30 years, I know a few things. I am weak in some marine fish, but I never get diseases or other issues(good environmental conditions+ good food) and make suere I do not blindly add uncompatible fish together prior to adding them.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

8. PeterGwee

PeterGwee Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Mmmmm..Tom, what kind of food do you feed your fish with? Home made or off the shelf stuff?

Regards
    Peter Gwee

9. nursie

nursie Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Good question...I've been feeding Aquarian tropical fish flakes and dried brine shrimp and dried blood worms, peas and zuchini, and 3 different kinds of botom feeder wafers/pellets. Always looking for ways to improve.

I didn't know you could make fishfood at home...do tell.

10. Greg Watson

Greg Watson Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

There are lots and lots of homemade fish foods (not counting live home raised foods) ...

My two favorites I make myself at home are Veggie food and Beef Heart which you can see step by step how I do it here:

Veggie Food and

Beef Heart

My wife feeds both to her Cichlids and I feed both in my 180 gallon Rainbow tanks ...

I have several species maintenance tanks with livebearers in them, and they seem to think both are ok once they start to thaw ...

Greg

11. brad

brad Prolific Poster

update: It`s back online! :)

12. nursie

nursie Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Greg..thanks for the recipes...just LAST WEEK we got a quarter of beef and I turned down the heart...if only I'd have known! I may call back and see if I can still get it.

Thanks Brad..Reiverix pm'd me. I think he knew the DT's were bad... :D