This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Aquaclear filter

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by martinphillip03, Jan 24, 2006.

1. martinphillip03

martinphillip03 Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

On my 55 gal tank I have a Fluval 300 and an Aquaclear 300. The tank is within a 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top The aquaclear filter is set on low. I have a 55 gallon with compressed co2. Trying to use the mist method.
    My question is can I continue using the Aquaclear filter or does this filter allow to much co2 to escape from the water.

Thank you

Marty

2. PeterGwee

PeterGwee Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Re: Aquaclear filter

If the return of the aquaclear doesn't splashing around of the surface water, it shoud be fine. Some surface movement is good and one should never remove that just to keep the CO2 in. (Yes, not alot of movement but some to make sure that O2 doesn't get too low in case plant growth slows down for some reason.).

Regards
    Peter Gwee

3. martinphillip03

martinphillip03 Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Pete, my tank is filled to the tip top. If I put my arm to the bottom of the tank it will overflow. No splashing.

Marty

If the return of the aquaclear doesn't splashing around of the surface water, it shoud be fine. Some surface movement is good and one should never remove that just to keep the CO2 in. (Yes, not alot of movement but some to make sure that O2 doesn't get too low in case plant growth slows down for some reason.).

Regards
    Peter Gwee[/QUOTE]

4. brad

brad Prolific Poster

I use an Aquaclear without any co2 problems.