This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

AQUA-MEDIC-AM 1000 Water Leaking at CO-2 tubing connection(s)

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by biiise, Jun 1, 2017.

1. biiise

biiise Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:28 AM
    On first connection to filter water poured out from the quick disconnect device for the CO-2 tubing and the Air purging connection which also is connected via CO-2 quick disconnect. There was "play" in the connection. The second trial was in the tub with the CO-2 tubing put in tightly on one side so that there was no play and this did not leak. The other side did leak but I didn't have the same CO-2 tubing and it was difficult to get it to fit as tight. I have never used these type of connections except a similar type on the Spectra-Pure R/O unit. I'm afraid I'm going about this the wrong way and don't want my tank contents to leak even a little. I'm using vinyl-flex 18/14 tubing which came with my CO-2 regulator if that matters.

2. PhilipS

PhilipS Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Is the hose CO2 hose?

Always put in a CO2 approved check valve inline closest to the regulator/solenoid to prevent water getting sucked into the mechanisms due to the vacuum created.

Only hard type hose seems to work with those push-in fittings.

I have only used the compression nut type solenoid fittings and splitters.

Finally dialed the CO2 in, and approaching one year since refill.

3. biiise

biiise Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thank You
    Philip...I checked on responses for several days so didn't think anyone responded. I had a lot going on in other areas of life so am now getting back to this device so I will be ordering some other tubing for hook up. Thanks for taking the time to respond !
    Bill