This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aqua medic 1000 reactor question

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by ilaizm, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ilaizm

ilaizm Junior Poster

I am setting up a pressurized CO2 system. I will be using an aqua medic 1000 reactor which I would like to connect to the outlet of a canister filter. The manual states that a circulation of minimum 250 gph is required to use this reactor. However, I have two canister filters each turning 215 gph. Will this be a problem? Do I need to upgrade the canister filter which will be connected to the reactor to a more powerful one?

2. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Hi,

I just received mine yesterday. Before bying it, I read a lot on users feedbacks. Many put it without a problem on a 150-180G. Also, I tested the outlet/Inlet yesterday and it can easily accomodate a 16-22 tubing without a reducer. Just a pair of clamps to be more secure

On teh other side, I ask another question. It seems sealed with some epoxy. How can people open it to clean it from time to time?

edit: I just saw I can unscrew the inlet/outlet hoses to clean it