This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone keep potamogeton praelongus succesfully?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by richardsantink, Feb 10, 2006.

1. richardsantink

richardsantink Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

White stemmed pondweed... anyone keep this stuff successfully in a tank? I pick it wild in the summer months, but I find it difficult to maintain (contrary to what most websites say about this plant being hardy, and easy to keep).

Wild specimens have very densely populated stems, whereas mine are sparsley populated with leaves, even if they look healthy.

Finally, they seem to 'die-off' in the fall, as the water cools (even if I heat the tank, they seem to 'know'), but don't seem to come back, when the temperature creeps back up.

Any experiences?

Thanks,

Richard

P.S. I have a 125g tank, and use the Carbo Plus unit, running at 50% capacity for CO2. My Egeria densa grew wild under the same conditions.