This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone keep potamogeton praelongus succesfully?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by richardsantink, Feb 10, 2006.

1. richardsantink

richardsantink Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    8:41 AM
    White stemmed pondweed... anyone keep this stuff successfully in a tank? I pick it wild in the summer months, but I find it difficult to maintain (contrary to what most websites say about this plant being hardy, and easy to keep).

Wild specimens have very densely populated stems, whereas mine are sparsley populated with leaves, even if they look healthy.

Finally, they seem to 'die-off' in the fall, as the water cools (even if I heat the tank, they seem to 'know'), but don't seem to come back, when the temperature creeps back up.

Any experiences?

Thanks,

Richard

P.S. I have a 125g tank, and use the Carbo Plus unit, running at 50% capacity for CO2. My Egeria densa grew wild under the same conditions.