This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have experience with Eheim 2260?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by kevinmichael77, Feb 5, 2016.

1. kevinmichael77

kevinmichael77 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    10:45 PM
    I have a 70 gallon tank that I'm planning and trying to figure out what I want to do for the filtration. This tank is most likely going in the living room, so my girlfriend is worried about noise which is why I think a sump is out of the question. I was possibly thinking about drilling the tank and custom making an acrylic sump, but I found this Eheim 2260 that I can get for a pretty good deal.

Does anyone have any experience with the 2260?

What could I use for the intake/outtake? I hate the green crap they supply with these filters!!

Do they make lily pipes that fit these bigger tubes?

What is the best way to run CO2 with a canister?

Any experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    2:45 PM
    If you work the sump the right way, it hardly makes any noise. good short tube under the overflow, thats pretty much the noise maker. If you do it right then theres little to no noise, or i just don't notice anything...hehe

3. IUnknown

IUnknown Lifetime Members

Local Time:
  4. kevinmichael77

Local Time:

So what is the reason planted tank enthusiasts like sumps. The need in saltwater tanks are obvious, but I'm still not sure why people opt for sumps in freshwater planted tanks?

5. kevinmichael77

Local Time:

Don't you get the 7up effect? I ran one a long time ago and I still got the fizz look in my tank.

6. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    2:45 PM
    I like the fact that I can switch pumps out to get the right flow going, the amount of filtration i.e. mechanical, bio, mixed with the trinkle down system allows a lot of air exchange with water which i think is great. O2 production is nice, very nice. Ease of cleaning the filter. Its really simple once you understand the mechanics of it.

I know canisters and hob's work the same way, its all water pumping through filtering, but those reasons above put wet/dry above all for me.

7. tefsom85

tefsom85 Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Also, sumps are great for moving the equipment out of the main tank.. eg heaters, needlewheel pumps, etc. And, for me, as strungout mentioned, ease of cleaning is a big plus.

8. IUnknown

Local Time:
    I'm in the bandwagon that believes the fizz is good for a tank. That the bubbles that build up under the leaves are atmospheric co2 that the plants take up better. That's why ADA tanks have diffusers in the tank. The product linked does not do it too much.

I run inline probes/heaters to get stuff out of the tank. My goal with tanks are to get all the sounds eliminated.

DSC00321.jpg

9. kevinmichael77

Local Time:
    Do you have the plans or make those fittings for the ph probe? Very nice!

10. IUnknown

Local Time: