This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

any lights suggestion for me? please help

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by gogoopoweranger, Jul 21, 2011.

1. gogoopoweranger

gogoopoweranger Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:41 PM
    I have a 40cm x 40cm x 40cm cube tank , I want to plant some foreground plant such as HC,
    it is hard to find a suitable light for my tank , please suggest any lights for my tank, thanks.

2. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
  3. gogoopoweranger

Local Time:
    thanks for reply, but 40W is enough for my tank? and the 4000k is suitable for plants?
    is 6500k better or not?
    and 1 more question , I don't think I can find a suitable light cover for Circline Bulb and
    hang it on the tank. sorry for so many questions.

4. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    40 Watts would do a good job on a tank like that and 6500K would look better.

maybe you could keep your tank with an open top or fabricate something yourself.

5. uncleddie

uncleddie Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I fabricated my own top out of 1/2-in. plexi. for a 7 gal mini-bow. I drew it all out and pluged it into adobe illustrator. Then I sent it to a sign shop who I know could laser cut it... good suggestion dutchy

6. gogoopoweranger

Local Time:
    thanks for your comments, it is a great idea for using such kind of bulbs, but if need to DIY, I think it is more complicate for me :p