Any fluval fx6 experience?

kevinmichael77

Guru Class Expert
Oct 5, 2012
Wisconsin
I was wondering if anyone has or is using a fluval fx6 filter. I have a 4ft 70 gallon tank that I'm looking to set up and am researching filters at the moment.

Looks like a nice filter but wanted to get some opinions from people that have used it first hand.

Any input would be appreciated!

Also considering an eheim 2260. I just can't stand those awful green intake and outflows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2016
Yorkshire,U.K.
Really sorry Kevin

me again but still haven't got access to all the site and need more post so did search on something I have and same member!!! Christ was the odds but that Satitics for you ;)

only had mine a few weeks just running it on soaking bog wood that's in a plastic bin ATM. Thought I would get the carbon used before I put the canister on tank and take cabin out OFC. Can't really comment on noise as nothing to compare it with. It primes by its self nicely. Flow seems good slowed up a bit when I put in the biohome ultimate I got for it. Main reaso I got it was great price for it here in U.K. Compared to its rivals.

sorry again but I sure you understand my reasons for posting, least I didn't do post 1, post 2 etc. Did give some input.

Zeus

Reactions: 2 people

Rhapsody

Junior Poster
Nov 11, 2016
I have one since a couple of years. What I can conclude is that Fx6 is a nice and big filter, easy to manipulate, it just works alone, you only have to plug it into the electricity. Nonetheless, I cannot talk about specific results, as I have two filters, one is Hydor (I keep discus), but it does the job pretty well for sure. It is a real silent monster.

ianmills122

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2015
Mammoth Lakes, CA
I just finished installing the FX4 on my 60 gallon. The tubing and hook ups are all the same as the FX6 I believe. The filter housing on the FX4 is just smaller by one basket of media. Flow is excellent. I was able to hook up a DIY CO2 reactor to it and so far it is working beautifully. Super quiet as well. Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to shed any light on. What I dont like is the smart pump automatically purges air every 12 hours and it burps enough that water overflows out of my tank and onto my floor.

Last edited by a moderator: