This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Anubias what's wrong

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by crystalview, May 21, 2009.

1. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    12:55 AM
    All my Anubias is sick with this stuff, some more then others what could be wrong?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My other plants are fast growing stems or moss and they seem ok. Is this because they are such slow growers? I was trying to use them to cover larger areas but give the fish a place to swim through.

2. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    The only time I have ever had trouble with anubias is when they get too much light -- mostly just green spot algae. I now put them in low-light (shaded or darker corners) areas in my tank. They grow slow, but they look good.

3. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    That plant is 20" tall the ones that are short (8") only seem to have the slight algae. I thought Anubias would grow in high or low light.