This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Anti fungus chemicals

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by majstor, Jul 3, 2010.

1. majstor

majstor Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:46 AM
    Ive put 0.8g potassium sorbate in 2000ml of csm+b. Is there enything else i can do, maybe with macro? What about ascorbic acid? Im also in process of getting some.

tnx

2. csmith

csmith Guest

Local Time:
    11:46 PM
    Excel works, as does HCl. 25 mL Excel per 1000 mL.

3. Tug

Tug Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    In CSM stock solution add about 2g ascorbic acid + the 0.8g of potassium sorbate/2000mL. If you look around HCL (about 10mL of pool acid) and 40-60mL excel is also used to prevent mold. Smaller batches of stock solution might also be an option. When mixing add the CSM+B last.
    The ascorbic acid and potassium sorbate have been working out fine for me, so far so good. :)

4. argnom

argnom Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Excel works fine for me. No more "floaties" in my trace solution anymore! Yay!