This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Mazzei Qustion, Ball Valve on Top or Bottom ??

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by inkslinger, Jan 23, 2010.

1. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

I was just building a Mazzei set-up an I notice these pic's ?

I notice that the ball valve is place at the bottom of the setup ? Would it be more practical to add the ball valve on top to force the flow to the Mazzei for better control ?

:gw

#1 inkslinger, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Ink,

Remember that the above pics are using the ball valve to control the TOTAL/overall flow to the venturi. A ball valve just prior would give more control, but is not usually needed.

Based on the pump/venturi match, it may be better to put the mazzei on the MAIN leg so it gets more flow...........then when the ball valve is just prior it will work well...

3. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

So the 3rd pic Would be the best setup with the Mazzei on the main lag?

4. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Yes, overall as the flow is more direct.....esp if the pump my be underpowered or suspect...:)

However, I have my venturi at the top and the ball valve on the bottom and get very nice control of mist with this setup.

I also have ball valves fore and aft of the venturi that I installed to play with, but they are open 100% all the time. I didn't see they made a difference.

All my opinon of course.