This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Another introduction and a question

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by gruffpuppy, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Professor Myers

Professor Myers Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    2:22 PM
    What are the dimensions of this 20 gal. tank ?

I won't lie to you. Given the more reasonable confirmed output of your light Tom's DIY reactor and a yeast reactor are more than sufficient. ;)

Personally Tanked Co2 is just easier to regulate. If you do decide to go with a tanked system. I'd just go with a basic system from Rex, and forego any ph controller. Just a solenoid with a timer, and monitor the Co2 with a drop checker. This lets you put the money into basic quality components W/ fewer headaches.

You're basically pushing around 1.5 wpg of lighting and that is straight down the middle of the road, and very easy to maintain, while still allowing for growth, and continued success. Trust me High light tanks are NOT for everyone, and 1.5 to 2 wpg. is more than enough, without a bunch of algae issues. ;) HTH Prof M

2. gruffpuppy

gruffpuppy Junior Poster

Local Time:
    the tank is 24 inchges in length, 18 high and 12 inches deep if I remember correctly.

-But I've got my eye in this monster 80 gallon tank that someone is selling localy with the lights canister filter and the whole setup pretty much minus fish and plants, so the plan is to upgrade soon. This tank will become a hospital tank if/when i get the 80 so for right now I want something I can play with before I actually have some room to play. sigh. backwards again, I know.

*edit because this was one long run on sentance

3. Professor Myers

Professor Myers Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    RE: Backwards

Actually that last part is completely normal ! :p We all do that. I'd probably go for the larger tank, but I do have a few smaller tanks, and any practicle experience gained is valuable. ;) It's always good to dabble in all the methods at least once just to keep yourself honest, and to give yourself a reference to work off of. All things considered we are alot more confused than the plants are, and generally much harder to please. :eek: Prof M