This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

another drop checker?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by trong, Apr 18, 2007.

1. trong

trong Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Please excuse if this is stupid ? my tank is set up with a kh of 2 to 2.5 degrees over a week period between water changes. does it matter if my drop check is using a standard kh solution of 4 degrees to figure out my in tank co2 levels? or should i be using a Kh standard solution of 2 degrees so i can also figure out ph? I'm a little cofused, if anyone could shed some light or point me to the write post i would be greatful.
    thanks Troy

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

The drop checker's CO2 measurement is independent of the tank's KH.

So you need not worry, a tank with 20KH or 2KH can still read the same CO2 ppm.
    The reference solution inside the drop is always the same no matter what is going on inside your tank, the air gap prevents the tank water from mixing, but still allows the CO2 gas to equilibrate between the tank and the test drop checker.

Regards,
    Tom Barr