And now for something completely different

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I have a few decent sized frags in my 60p ADa tank.

SPS_zps98c132bd.jpg

reef12

Apr 29, 2013
Tulsa
Sweet looking Tom, boy I have the urge to set one up again.
Any pics of your setup around.
Nice frag, boy have prices went through the roof on them, I remember 14 years back a large rock $45.00 covered in stuff , now $45.00 = a small 1/2" frag, if that big.
Bummer , but I guess the times.
Well enough of the rant, sure makes me want to setup again though.
Running a skimmer I guess Calcium Reactor maybe also?
How are you controlling the Calcium and minerals?

Jeff

A

aquarist

Out come the coral!! I've had friends that have sunk so much money on coral and they just end up killing them. I've often wanted a saltwater aquarium, I am super fond of Biocubes for some reason.

toads74

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2013
Looks nice! I set up our first sw tank about 6 weeks ago, keeping it lightly stocked. Waiting for it to mature for a while before adding any corals. Would like to do a few softies and lps, keeping things light and easy to maintain. There's a few things to do before then, like a refugium (maybe a hob or in tank) and lighting. Does 4x t5ho sound about right for a 40 breeder?

reef12

Apr 29, 2013
Tulsa
Torture is all that is. LOL
Looking good, yep had the last one, and that first one after 10 months of running.
Nice to see you started high on the list.
But then again,my frags were about 6 inches across.
And as said, cheap back then.
Got to get the old lady to let me set one up again.
What you using for Live Rock?
I had Tonga branch.

Jeff

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I just have some semi soft base, but might get some branch. Just allows more room, but the base I have is decent.
And well cured, along with a very mature filter/refuge.

Likely will add the Wet/dry tower back to this system.

reef12

Apr 29, 2013
Tulsa
Good, and still wants me to start a real small one.
Have been looking at cubes,all contained in one area, as all my Skimmers are made for 120 gallon up aquariums,plus have a ton of washed and put up sand and gravel.
No rock though of cause.might just get some uncycled and run it through my skimmers for a few weeks , cheaper and get a bunch.
Will think on that one as really don't need a lot, maybe Marine Depot or Dr fosters.
So what are you doing with these, calcium, strontium, iodine, and trace elements.

Jeff