Panda;38307 said:"The most common problem overlooked by most hobbyists is the dissolved substance in the water.**If the TDS exceeds 150 and your pH is on the higher range, nitrogenous waste in the tank can turn toxic."
any of you tested TDS? Also, can I keep CRS using only RO water and remineralize the water ( equilibrium , etc )
nerbaneth;38321 said:I'd be curious to find out the level of copper that is just enough to kill algea and not enough to kill plants or shrimp. The LFS I work at insists on using copper in the FW system - which includes the plants.. which means that if we don't sell the plants within a couple weeks of getting them, they die.
This is well known.
for algae, 0.4ppm
for plants, about 1.0ppm
Obviously, this varies plant to plant, alga to alga.
Shrimp on the other hand will likely be below 0.4ppm of Copper..........so tyou are already dead in the water with this if you have shrimp.