This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Amazing growth of aquatic Carnivorous Plant (CP)

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by rusticitas, Feb 4, 2009.

1. rusticitas

rusticitas Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:32 AM
    International Carnivorous Plant Society - How I grow Aldrovanda in my planted aquariums

I just saw this on the ICPS forum. I thought it would be something you all would find interesting.

I am new to CP's and what I understand about plants in the Aldrovanda genus is that are normally considered rather difficult to grow, needing "special" water conditions, usually created with peat and such to maintain an acidic pH. I find it very interesting how the high-light and CO2 aquatic plant tank grows this guys Aldrovanda sp. so well.

Anyway, thought this might find some interest here! :)

-Jason

2. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Is this a plant that is hard to grow? Never heard of it personally but I would've though virtually all floaters would grow like weeds.

AC

3. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    what a sweet looking plant. Ide grow the waterwheel version if i could find any :)

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    It kept getting tangled and loves high light and CO2.
    It grows fast but is smaller than you think.
    A small tank with soft water, good ferts, CO2, light, not much movement and you can grow the snickers out of it.

Sells well too, but lousy for any scaping or typical tanks since it just gets caught on filters etc.

Regards,
    Tom Barr