This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

amano shrimp bummer

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by tedr108, Jun 14, 2008.

1. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:20 AM
    One of my amano shrimp was acting strange, zooming around everywhere, during a water change today. I looked closely and saw that she was spreading what looked like thousands of little babies everywhere. These things looked like little miniscule tadpoles -- much smaller than fish fry. I'm bummed because they don't stand a chance in my tank ... my fish and my filters are going to do them all in.

I read up on raising amano shrimp fry -- sounds like it's really tough to keep them alive. Next time, I think I'll put some in a little outdoor pond that I have (assuming I don't have fish in it) ... maybe nature will do a better job of raising them.

Edit: Did some more resarch...turns out the amano larvae need salt water.

Edit #2: All of the amano larvae were indeed gone this morning when I woke up.

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    the shrimp would proboaly survive in the filter, i found 6 RCS in my sponges after 1month of not cleaning it and i only noticed because one nearly went down the sink!

3. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Aaron,

I'll check my filter sponges for shrimp from now on when I clean them -- usually find quite a few snails in there, but never thougth to check for shrimp.