Am1000

scottward

Guru Class Expert
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Here are some photos showing how I've set things up.

DSC06387.jpg

DSC06390.jpg

dutchy

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Jul 6, 2009
The Netherlands
Scott,
Although I'm sure the setup is highly efficiënt, It's my opinion that it's not very attractive. Can't you raise the spaybar above water level and just let the outlets stick inside?

scottward

Guru Class Expert
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Hi Dutchy,

Yeah I know that it doesn't look the best with the great big spray bar there, but I don't care too much about that at the moment. Much more important for me to get the whole CO2 thing worked out and get my plants growing really well. Once I get to that point I can make things look nicer. I could move the spray bar up a bit, but couldn't be bothered at the moment. ;-)

dutchy

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Jul 6, 2009
The Netherlands
Hi Scott,
I understand. To be honest I'm at the same point as you at the moment, trying to improve on flow and CO2 dispersion through the tank. I also use an AM1000 reactor, and just today I bought a bigger external pump to improve on things. So I'm following your post to see how you proceed.
Aestethics are very important to me however, I'm trying to find a balance between functionality and looks.

scottward

Guru Class Expert
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Definitely invest most of your time in the functionality side of things to start off with; I spent too much time initially trying to get things to look right but didn't focus on the technical side enough - I was under the impression that it was just a matter of hooking it up and Bob's your uncle.

Scott.

scottward

Guru Class Expert
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Hi guys. A quick update, and I will try to put a photo on here too.

Things are going well. The AM1000 seems to be working nicely, although I wish I hadn't used clear tubing as it is now full of mouldy blotches (should have used dark green Eheim tubing!).

The Ocean Runner pump is working nicely also, although it's a bit noiser than I thought (but I am running it externally though).

Even though the spray bar with three outlets doesn't look the best, it does seem to be an effective way of distributing the CO2 enriched water in a tank of this size.

I still only have half my lights on at the moment as I wanted to start slowly.

All the plants are growing ok, even the E.Tenellus in the foreground is putting out runners and spreading out. Everything is happening slowly but nevertheless 'happilly'.

I have a few questions, but think I will post my questions as seperate threads rather than burying them in here.

Scott.