This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative to Onyx Sand

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by SuperColey1, Aug 17, 2007.

1. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    8:57 PM
    Hello

I am in the planning stages for a future 35L Nano Tank I am going to set up (It will have 22W Light from Arcpods)

Early days of planning as I am currently only as far as the substrate.

It will be a non CO2 tank and from reading Tom's thread on non CO2 I have found my source here in the UK for Leonardite.

I am now wondering if there is a light coloured alternative to Onyx Sand that will give the same benefits as Onyx.

I'm not too enamoured with black/dark substrates and much prefer the lighter colours.

Anyone have any ideas on this? I have looked at ADA Malaya but even this is quite dark.

Andy

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    8:57 PM
    The ADA stuff works well.
    Since we do not move non CO2 plant groups around much, the ADA soil is ideal.
    It's richer than onyx also.

Regards,
    Tom Barr