This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Alternanthera Rosaefolia

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Frolicsome_Flora, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Frolicsome_Flora

Frolicsome_Flora Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    6:21 PM
    Hi all,

I just got some Alternanthera Rosaefolia, beautiful plant, and nice robust stems too. Ive heard that they take some looking after, has anyone had any experience with this sp.?

Is there anything special that I should be doing besides EI, CO2 and very good light levels? Ive planted it up with each stem about an inch apart, I read that they shouldnt be planted in bunches, as it would restrict light too much. Is this far enough apart? Or should I thin them out some more once they get a foothold?

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    6:21 PM
    My A. reinickii grows very well for me, but slowly. I don't give it any special attention, and it continues to grow well even crowded. The only problem I have with it is that if I get GDA, the GDA covers the leaves too. And, eventually, the GDA kills off the individual leaves.