This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Alternanthera rosaefolia? pics

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Carissa, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Carissa

Carissa Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    I was sold this plant as "some type of hygro" the other day but after looking at pictures I'm not so sure. It looks more like Alternanthera rosaefolia to me right now, but I could be wrong. At any rate I would also like to know if it will need anything special from me to live, it's a beautiful plant. I have a feeling that it will need high light, I have 2wpg now but I have positioned it right underneath the light so it gets the most benefit from it.

Edit: I just found a site that called Alternanthera rosaefolia "red hygro." How can it be called hygro when it's not hygrophila? I guess that's what it is though anyway.