Alternanthera reineckii

Grafalski

Prolific Poster
Feb 24, 2006
My Red Temple is not doing well. New leaves are just fine but after some time they loose color, getting cracks that develop into wholes and finally fall to pieces. Does anybody have the same kind of experience with that plant? What could be the main cause of that?

Dosing:
1/4 Tsp of Potassium Nitrate
1/16 Tsp of Mono Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4)
1/16 Tsp of Potassium Sulfate

1/4 tspn of magnesium sulfate once a week by water change ,
5 ml of Plantex CSM + Fe solution 2x week
29 galoon, 65 W for 12 hours/day+another 65W kicking in for 3 hours in the evening, CO2 mist method.
Flourite

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Re: Alternanthera reineckii

Try more traces
Perhaps a different brand.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

I like TMG, seesm to do best for most all plants.
Crypts and A reineckii in particular.

Hard to say, it's somewhat subtle, but there is a sheen to the leaves of many plants that's appararent to many folks.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Grafalski

Prolific Poster
Feb 24, 2006

I tried to look for TMG online but I can not find anything. What kind of fert is that and how can I get it or where ?

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA

It was called "Tropica Master Grow", but Tropica relabeled it as something else when they added a complete line of ferts. Big Al's used to have it and probably still does under the new name.

travis

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2006

I'm a big fan of Greg's CSM+B with a touch of iron chelate (or just get Greg's CSM+B+Iron if you don't want to mix your own). It is very affordable compared to pre-mixed solutions (especially if you've got a big tank to dose) and I find my plants react very well to it. I've also heard nothing but good things about TMG.