all in one stock solution?

ismenio

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi

You can see where for example

[video=youtube;GMYtkCOQu5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMYtkCOQu5M&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Ph at this take was a little bellow 5

No harm at all

The most dangerous think for them is in my opinion a fluke attack, i lose the most of the fish on the video with flukes.
Now i do quarantine to every fish that enter in the tank and use PP or Prazi before translate to main tank.

Regrads

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
ismenio;60312 said:
Hi

You can see where for example

Ph at this take was a little bellow 5

No harm at all

The most dangerous think for them is in my opinion a fluke attack, i lose the most of the fish on the video with flukes.
Now i do quarantine to every fish that enter in the tank and use PP or Prazi before translate to main tank.

Regrads

Beautiful goldies. Btw, I do believe you about the pH. I have 8 fancy ones and treated them for ich once, in one year. About a month ago one of our Red Cap Oranda had "pop eye" and we treated him/her successfully, complete recovery, using Melafix and Maracyn Plus. It took seven days in the 5.5g hospital tank with daily water changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Far As I Can Tell pH Remains The Key...

barbarossa4122;60265 said:
I wonder how does Tropica make their all in one solution, the Plant Nutrition+ ? How do they manage to mix phosphates with Iron ?

Hi All,

My reference was not to the water column or goldfish or anything else. :rolleyes:

I was referring to the stock solution that I thought was the subject being discussed.

I thought the question (sic) “I wonder how does Tropica make their all in one solution, the Plant Nutrition+ ? How do they manage to mix phosphates with Iron ?” had been asked.

My (meager) understanding is/was that the reason we have problems with all-in-one solutions is that Phosphates tend to precipitate the iron III out of solution. :)

My best guess is/was that keeping the iron complexed is/was the problem. It seemed from things I have read that Tropica managed this “trick” via the use of “stabilizers” to keep the pH at or below 6.0.

I guess I assumed they used phosphate buffers to regulate the pH, I really had not given it much thought, I am happy with my methods that involve separating the doses. :D

I thought I read the above question and did a little looking around. Then I saw James’s Tropica all-in-one knockoff.

James site is one of my favorites I have always found the information to be accurate and though I have never tried the Tropica all-in-one myself, it looks as Tug said, pretty straight forward.

I thought if someone wanted to do an all-in-one stock solution this might be a good idea, easy enough to try. :)

Glutaraldehyde as preservative will raise the pH, Ascorbic acid will lower the pH

If anyone cares for my opinion on goldfish and pH, ask me or start a thread. (Hint my opinion has more to do with KH and GH then pH, but pH is there.) (KH… Gh… pH, Oh-My!)

The LoudCreatureWhatSharesMySpace have rather successfully bred and raised Goldfish for over 20 years, I think we kept them long before that. The LoudCreatureWhatSharesMySpace really likes the goldfish/carp. :rolleyes:

Showing a video of now dead fish and saying the method is great… Well…:confused:

Biollante

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
I don't know what to say. :) But, I'll say this............it looks like we may never be able to make a "TPN" fertilizer since we don't know their "tricks". Heck, dry fertz are good enough, for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ismenio

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi Bio

I understand the ph question, but even for goldfish i don´t think the ph matters.
But we can discuses that, i will be glad to learn more about it :eek: and goldies of course :rolleyes:
The dead fish...well, they don´t have died because the low ph but because the flukes nothing more

Regards

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
The Trick Is The pH... James Seems To Have It...

barbarossa4122;60318 said:
I don't know what to say. :) But, I'll say this............it looks like we may never be able to make a "TPN" fertilizer since we don't know their "tricks". Heck, dry fertz are good enough, for now.

Hi barbarossa4122,

Are you being (trying to be) funny? :confused:

James seems to have the secret, keep the pH of the stock solution at or below 6.0.

While I do not know precisely how Tropica accomplishes keeping the pH of their solution at or below 6.0, James has found experimentally that he can do the same thing by using Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).
http://www.jsctech.co.uk/theplantedtank/allinone.htm.

Still seems straight forward to me...

Anyway, makes no never-mind to me, it was your question, I answered to the best of my meager abilities.

I think I am beginning to understand... :eek:

Biollante

nipat

Guru Class Expert
May 23, 2009
Hey, James' solution even has green color. TPN+ is green too.
Isn't that interesting? :)

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
Biollante;60336 said:
Hi barbarossa4122,

Are you being (trying to be) funny? :confused:

James seems to have the secret, keep the pH of the stock solution at or below 6.0.

While I do not know precisely how Tropica accomplishes keeping the pH of their solution at or below 6.0, James has found experimentally that he can do the same thing by using Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).
http://www.jsctech.co.uk/theplantedtank/allinone.htm.

Still seems straight forward to me...

Anyway, makes no never-mind to me, it was your question, I answered to the best of my meager abilities.

I think I am beginning to understand... :eek:

Biollante

Hey Bio,

No, not trying to be funny. Just think that only "TPN" knows the real secrets to their product. I'll make some following James recipe and see what see what happens.

Oh, my remark
I don't know what to say.
was about the goldfish.

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
Tug;60352 said:
Take some TPN, send it to a lab, test the ph, etc....
[video=youtube;C5rJ4g9EMUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rJ4g9EMUk[/video]

:cool: Who is the umbrella man?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BftjbyTk-OU

Lol!!!!!! Great sense of humor Tug.

th_7935331.jpg

th_1.jpg

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Hats Off To James, Once Again!

nipat;60339 said:
Hey, James' solution even has green color. TPN+ is green too.
Isn't that interesting? :)

Hi Nipat,

I don't use TPN+, but I have been curious about the "all-in-one," James came up with the simple, elegant solution (literally and figuratively), I wanted something complicated, turned out to be vitamin C. :eek:

Biollante

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
My Apologies

ismenio;60321 said:
Hi Bio

I understand the ph question, but even for goldfish i don´t think the ph matters.
But we can discuses that, i will be glad to learn more about it :eek: and goldies of course :rolleyes:
The dead fish...well, they don´t have died because the low ph but because the flukes nothing more
Regards

Hi ismenio,

My apologies I should not have taken such a cheap shot. :(

• That is a very nice video of some beautiful fish and I am sorry for your loss.

I have to admit this topic has been a bit of a crazy-make-me. :rolleyes:

I will start another thread and the subject, including pH can be discussed, perhaps even rationally.:)

Biollante

ismenio

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi Bio

Don´t worry about this, live is too short !

Like we say in Portugal:

"this life is two days and one is gone away already"

Regards