Algae!

gabcas0319

Junior Poster
Aug 29, 2016
Costa Rica
Hello, after wining my battle against cyanobacteria there some algaes left and i dont know what type are! first is like a brown algae in crypto stems and the other i dont know if is thread algae or spyrogyra

i would like to know what type they are and the causes thanks

Pikez

Rotala Killer!
May 12, 2013
Close (but not too close) to LA
Your plants need some food, gabcas! The Bacopa looks like it needs iron desperately. I am almost certain that you have a deficiency. Giving your plants everything they need to grow is the first step in algae control.

gabcas0319

Junior Poster
Aug 29, 2016
Costa Rica
Pikez said:
Your plants need some food, gabcas! The Bacopa looks like it needs iron desperately. I am almost certain that you have a deficiency. Giving your plants everything they need to grow is the first step in algae control.

Thanks Pikez, im new so i don't know many things jejeje No3 and PO4 is in a good level because i have test but the other things no idea hahah its a non co2 tank how can i do for dosing without have a build up of nutrients? im afraid that nutrient build up and the water get toxic ! thanks!

Pikez

Rotala Killer!
May 12, 2013
Close (but not too close) to LA
gabcas0319 said:
Thanks Pikez, im new so i don't know many things jejeje No3 and PO4 is in a good level because i have test but the other things no idea hahah its a non co2 tank how can i do for dosing without have a build up of nutrients? im afraid that nutrient build up and the water get toxic ! thanks!

Use commercial liquid fertilizers like Seachem if available where you are. And then do large water changes regularly. Don't worry about water getting toxic.