airators

maulgerr

Junior Poster
Apr 8, 2008
hi, got a 29g community tank in the livingroom. is there a way to have co2 and an airator, besides using the airator at nite when the co2 is off? LOML wants a bubbler , how can i appease her? or maybe a halfass compromise Gerry

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
You can have one in the tank, just realize that your c02 will go right out the water and then the window.

You will have to increase the c02 to compensate for the extra 02. Just be careful of overdosing here.

keep and eye on this.

If your plants or fish suffer, then I would say yank it out and go back to what you were doing.

Carissa

Guru Class Expert
Jun 8, 2007
If you have pressurized co2....could work out well. The extra circulation will be good for the plants, assuming co2 doesn't drop, you would have to watch this carefully. Or if you're into wasting co2, you could hook up co2 to a bubble wall.....

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
As Carissa said, you can always use a ceramic disc diffuser as a bubbler with CO2 - isn't that a compromise? Better yet, just set up a CO2 mist system and call it a super bubbler.

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
The easiest way to get CO2 mist is to put a little powerhead n the tank, stick the CO2 tube in the powerhead inlet, so the bubbles get chopped up into little bubbles by the spinning rotor. Then direct the flow so the bubbles go all over the tank. This works better if you also melt or drill some holes in the little rotor blades - then they chop the bubbles even finer. The tank then looks almost like carbonated water.

maulgerr

Junior Poster
Apr 8, 2008
Thanks everybody, to preserve domestic harmony i think i;ll just go with a bubbler until i understand my options a little better