This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

airators

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by maulgerr, May 18, 2008.

1. maulgerr

maulgerr Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    hi, got a 29g community tank in the livingroom. is there a way to have co2 and an airator, besides using the airator at nite when the co2 is off? LOML wants a bubbler , how can i appease her? or maybe a halfass compromise Gerry

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    You can have one in the tank, just realize that your c02 will go right out the water and then the window.

You will have to increase the c02 to compensate for the extra 02. Just be careful of overdosing here.

keep and eye on this.

If your plants or fish suffer, then I would say yank it out and go back to what you were doing.

3. Carissa

Carissa Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    If you have pressurized co2....could work out well. The extra circulation will be good for the plants, assuming co2 doesn't drop, you would have to watch this carefully. Or if you're into wasting co2, you could hook up co2 to a bubble wall.....

4. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    As Carissa said, you can always use a ceramic disc diffuser as a bubbler with CO2 - isn't that a compromise? Better yet, just set up a CO2 mist system and call it a super bubbler.

5. maulgerr

maulgerr Junior Poster

Local Time:
    how does a co2 mist system work? Gerry

6. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    The easiest way to get CO2 mist is to put a little powerhead n the tank, stick the CO2 tube in the powerhead inlet, so the bubbles get chopped up into little bubbles by the spinning rotor. Then direct the flow so the bubbles go all over the tank. This works better if you also melt or drill some holes in the little rotor blades - then they chop the bubbles even finer. The tank then looks almost like carbonated water.

7. maulgerr

maulgerr Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks everybody, to preserve domestic harmony i think i;ll just go with a bubbler until i understand my options a little better