This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Air pump in excel tank?

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by gabcas0319, Sep 20, 2016.

1. gabcas0319

gabcas0319 Junior Poster

Hello i decide turn my non co2 tank into a low light excel tank, but the tank have biofilm, it is good idea to put an air pump? or with just the movement from the pump is ok? its just that i know plant need oxigen but also needs co2 but so i don't know if its a good or bad idea ! thaks all !!! you all are amazing!

#1 gabcas0319, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2016
  2. Frank158

Frank158 New Member

How about some kind of surface skimmer? I use the eheim 350 but there are others. It keeps my surface crystal clear and recommend it.

3. snarkingturtle

snarkingturtle New Member

I'm starting the same thing in my low light Excel tank. I put the aerator on a timer and will see if 30 min a night does it. I've seen diverse opinions on this so I'm interested to see what advice you get.

4. Dman

Dman Subscriber

I would assume the more surface agitation the better in a non Co2 injected tank. This should aid in gas exchange helping shift Co2 levels back towards equilibrium a bit faster. A siesta for lighting is another thing to consider to allow the limited amount of Co2 in a non Co2 tank to replenish.

Just throwing out my thoughts. I do not keep a planted non Co2 tank.

Dan