This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

AGA Contest Preparation

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Gerryd, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    9:01 PM
    Hi Tom,

I think I may enter the AGA contest for 2012. The submit deadline is 9/8, so that is approx 11 days, plus some time to fit in the shoot itself :)

So, I was thinking of doing a daily 50% w/c with some good EI dosing to go along with it. Trim and fluff daily, clean hardscape as I can, etc.

I don't think the downoi will cut it and looks like crap in comparison to all else. The araguaia is really nice and I can use that to fill it in....Thoughts?

I don't want to trim too close to photo day as the scape needs to look grown in and not freshly manicured...

I know you had an old thread on this, but 20 mins of searching/reading results could not find it.

Here are a few pics from yesterday:

View attachment 3459 View attachment 3460 View attachment 3461

#1 Gerryd, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
  2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    You can take a large toothed comb to clean and preen the hair grass.
    Lots of little work and upkeep, you will be tired at the end, but it's a good idea to do this.

Any word on the other ATI light?

3. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Tom,

As usual I procrastinated for weeks before sending it in....

That said, I got an email saying they fixed it and shipped it out late last week. No tracking info or root cause of course..

So, I expect it I guess this week or next...

Not even sure I want to use two lights as the one is working just fine for 5 weeks now....

But, I will just to have both and use approx 45% power on each unit.

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I would not care a bit about why etc, just as long as they take care of it for you.

I think you'll be fine once you add the other light on this time.

30-50% range will be nice, then wait about 1-2 months before trying say 75%.

5. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Well, up to a point I do not care so long as the unit is fixed and operating as expected...Just curious is all...

I intend to take PAR measurements at various points/areas of the tank and record them at high light time using just the single fixture. Then I will mount and adjust the two units to provide as near a match as possible. Both units will be configured the same in terms of pct once I figure that out :) The timings of the zones will also be identical..

I want to keep things as close as possible to how they are now to ensure no issues. Then as you say, I may increase, but no real need or desire to at this time.

I hope to get maybe this week as I think they ship UPS and if they sent out last Friday end of day let's say, a week should do it.

Later and thanks!