ADA's how to set up a scape download

Philosophos

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2009
Since we're on the topic of ADA material, here's the link to the journal ADA runs:
http://www.aquajournal.net/

Some of it is really good, but I look at it a little critically. There's always the brand line propaganda. You know... haikus about how the ruby back check valve purges the spirit of your CO2.

aquabillpers

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
That is very interesting. I have so much to learn.

I assume that one can buy "MOSS COTTON", "RICCIA LINE", "WOOD TIGHT", and similar essential materials from ADA at reasonable prices. :)

Bill

Philosophos

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2009
Moss Cotton: $8
Riccia Line: $10
Wood Tight: $8

Realizing that ADA fanboys will spend $26 on fancy string: Priceless

Ok, so it's been done before a few times. Still... $8 for green cotton thread?

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
I want to know what a 'c02 grass counter' is in the diagram on page 6/8 :)

I always wonder they don't run these translations through a basic grammar check. The amount of adjectives like 'is', 'the', and the like that are missing are numerous and IMO hurt the narrative. You can tell that it was not written by a native English speaker.

I have found that in ALL the amano books I have as well as most of the German publication translations as well. I remember that the Optimal Aquarium copy I have is very much like that as well.............

All full of great information, but sometimes I have to read something 2-3 times to make sure I get what they mean, I think I get it anyway :)

The 'sand flatter' is also a tool that is on my must have list.....along with the 'special' tweezers for planting of course.

Sorry, I am somewhat cynical in my older age....

Last edited by a moderator:

JJ..Bequiet

Prolific Poster
Jul 19, 2010
Philosophos;46605 said:
Since we're on the topic of ADA material,
. You know... haikus about how the ruby back check valve purges the spirit of your CO2.

i know its a dead thread but seriously, too funny

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
And ...........like our Japanese is impeccable eh?

Cannot make too much fun if you only speak one language well and no others poorly.

Tim Trabue

Junior Poster
Aug 20, 2011
You should try Google translate with Chinese.... Its hilarious...... And when you learn the language it's easy to understand why. Like trying to drive in the the UK if you learned in the US. The sentence structure is backwards.....

The sign pictures I could send".........

Cheers

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Tim Trabue;80949 said:
You should try Google translate with Chinese.... Its hilarious...... And when you learn the language it's easy to understand why. Like trying to drive in the the UK if you learned in the US. The sentence structure is backwards.....

The sign pictures I could send".........

Cheers

And Yoda was an old Chinese man.