This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

ADA mini cube tanks

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by JewishSausage, Mar 10, 2009.

1. JewishSausage

JewishSausage Junior Poster

Local Time:
    6:34 PM
    Hello.

Im thinking of setting up a mini tank (under 5 gallons). I saw an amazing tank at a local pet store near my place. The problem is it is extremely expensive!!! 58 dollars just for the tank. Even online, the costs are astronomical..

ADA Cube Garden MINI S

Are there any recommendations where I can purchace the clarity and fine craftsmanship of an ADA tank at a much lower cost??? I like how the edges have no barriers and that the glass is glued together without the excess ooze you see in standard tanks. The clarity is also amazing!

I plan to set up something like this

Aquatic Eden: Aquascape of the Week: Foofooree's ADA Cube Garden - Freshwater Planted Aquarium Blog

2. helgymatt

helgymatt Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I wouldn't call $60 astronomical...? You are paying for "clarity and fine craftsmanship"! If you want something cheap go to Wal-mart and get a 5 gallon tank for $10.

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Most Home craft places sell those large cube glass vases etc, cost: 10-15$ or so.
    Say like Micheal's etc.

ADA adds some Do! Aqua labels on those same things and resells them:cool:
    The tank above is different, but look, it's a nano, I'm not so sure you get much for a small tank for the $.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

4. helgymatt

Local Time:
    What are these class vessels from Michaels like? Anyone have one or have a picture?

5. infopimp

infopimp Junior Poster

Local Time:
    They are one piece, have some bubbles in the glass, and are very far from optical perfection.

I got "bit" by the ADA look and paid a lot for my 45C setup, but I have to tell you, it has become the focal point of the room and almost the house. Its a world of its own... and looking at this through poor glass would definitely have killed some of that vibe.

But for a small nice desktop setup maybe at the office... I may think about a Michaels el cheapo. It all depends on your goal, and your means.

here I am, 3 months into my planted tank fetish...

[​IMG]

Cheers,

-steve

6. helgymatt

Local Time:
    Very nice tank Steve!

I was just thinking about an "el cheapo" for now to sit on a bar ledge. Probably no CO2 and low light....just some moss and anubias, small fish and few shrimp, maybe a palm filter:)

7. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I agree with Steve on the points made.
    It's worth the extra few $, but if you are cheap...........

I'm just surprised ADA would use those cheesy plant flower like containers.
    They are fine for wasabi type emersed set ups.

Regards,
    Tom Barr