This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

ADA Bio-Rio

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by alexbn024, May 6, 2012.

1. alexbn024

alexbn024 Prolific Poster
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    3:48 PM
    I will be removing activated carbon from the top chambers of my two Fluval 204 and was thinking to fill it with some bio-filtration media. I've read few positive threads about ADA's Bio-Rio (did not see any review though).

Did anybody have any experience with this product? Or is there something else that can work as well as Bio-Rio and readily accessible(not sure if I can get it locally for reasonable price, if at all)?

Thanks in advance!

Alex

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Anything with a high surface area and such will do fine.
    Some use lava rock, some use sponge, some use various commercial brands.

3. alexbn024

alexbn024 Prolific Poster
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Thanks Tom! Looks like I am going to try Bio-Rio, out of several commercial products that I read some sort of review on, it comes as the cheapest one locally.