This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

ADA aquasoil

Discussion in 'Talk to Tom Barr' started by cazandchris, Apr 2, 2007.

1. cazandchris

cazandchris Member

Local Time:
    11:44 PM
    Hi Tom
    Planning on redoing my tank with Aquasoil. Is it necessary to use the additives recommended namely Tourmaline BC, Bacter 100 and clear super?
    I feel that if I'm doing EI then all I really should need is the quality clay substrate, is this correct?
    Also should I add anything else to the aquasoil, ie peat?

Thanks
    Chris

2. reiverix

reiverix Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:44 PM
    Well, I'm not Tom. Talk to me for 2 seconds and that will become very clear. But, I can tell you from experience that you don't need all that peripheral stuff if you don't want to use it. I get good results with plain AS. I also get good results with a very very thin (think still being able to see the bottom glass underneath) sprinkling of peat before dumping the AS in.

I've never used the additives because I already have a hard enough time keeping up with the pruning.