This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

ADA aquasoil

Discussion in 'Talk to Tom Barr' started by cazandchris, Apr 2, 2007.

1. cazandchris

cazandchris Subscriber

Hi Tom
    Planning on redoing my tank with Aquasoil. Is it necessary to use the additives recommended namely Tourmaline BC, Bacter 100 and clear super?
    I feel that if I'm doing EI then all I really should need is the quality clay substrate, is this correct?
    Also should I add anything else to the aquasoil, ie peat?

Thanks
    Chris

2. reiverix

reiverix Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Well, I'm not Tom. Talk to me for 2 seconds and that will become very clear. But, I can tell you from experience that you don't need all that peripheral stuff if you don't want to use it. I get good results with plain AS. I also get good results with a very very thin (think still being able to see the bottom glass underneath) sprinkling of peat before dumping the AS in.

I've never used the additives because I already have a hard enough time keeping up with the pruning.