This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

ADA 1 and fuzz algae

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Soggy, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Soggy

Soggy Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:57 AM
    peeps,

I recently did an overhaul of my tank and and used up 3 large bags of ada 1. Now im getting fuzz algae everywhere. I didnt encounter this when i was using soil + sand + EI dosing. Some faster plants are growing well but the lower leaves get encrusted with thick fuzz algae. Some have melted and some have not yet decided to grow or die. :confused:

This new setup has been running for about 3 weeks now. I even jacked up co2 as compared to my previous setup. I do water change every 3-4 days to get rid of the ugly yellowish tint.

Anyone encountered this with ada 1? is it due to the infamous ammonia contained in ada 1?

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

No personal experience, but it does sound like NH4 from the substrate. I have read many threads where mult WC weekly were not enough at times....

I would up the WC as much as possible for the next few weeks. Slow and easy on the c02 adjustment. It may take several days for the change to be apparent.

3. nipat

nipat Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
  4. Soggy

Soggy Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks for the link nipat.

the following was taken from the link
    I have a kH of around 13 on a sera test kit and 18 on an API test kit. It does give out an ugly yellow tint that i find unbearable within 4 days. I hope it goes away soon.