Access to back issues of the newsletter.

Moody

Prolific Poster
Aug 31, 2006
Wirral, North West,England.
Im concidering to subscribe and part with my hard earned cash. Do I get access to old back issue articles ( new letters ) that i will find interesting?

I dont want to miss anything, and learn as much as possible.

Regards,
Graeme.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
G,

To come up with plant money, sell some plants on line to pay for it via a paypal account. That is a very easy way that incurs little real $(some make a fair amount doing this every 2 weeks) and you should be able to sell plants on line there easily for a good $.

I suggest this as it takes no new $ and many toss out extra cuttings anyway.
You should be able to pay for Ferts and little items this way.
Some pay for their electric as well doing this.

So after the initial cost of set up, the rest is a self sustaining hobby $ wise.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Moody

Prolific Poster
Aug 31, 2006
Wirral, North West,England.
Thanks both of you.

Great idea about selling my cuttings, but im not sure the forums I use will allow that, worth a try though ahy?Any thoughts?

Gives me an idea. A tank run on EI (which will be a new method to me), but have plants just for sale, re-propagate etc and go for the popular varieties.

Cheers,
Graeme.

gupp

Junior Poster
Mar 28, 2007
Arizona
Moody;15732 said:
Thanks both of you.

Great idea about selling my cuttings, but im not sure the forums I use will allow that, worth a try though ahy?Any thoughts?

You can sell them on eBay or most folks I think use aquabid.

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States
gupp;15762 said:
You can sell them on eBay or most folks I think use aquabid.

Another great place is your local aquarium club ...

Our local aquarium club has a spring auction and a fall auction ... so if you are not a member of an aquarium club, I would do a quick search on aquarium clubs in the greater new england area ... I'll bet there are a few ... and they probably have an auction coming up here soon ...

Local club auctions are a great place to pick up used equipment, new plants, and new fish ...

Its' also a great place to network with fellow hobbyist ...

Greg

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
About 15 years ago I figured out the auction was why so many folks went to the meetings. No one sold plants there or if they did, they cost a lot etc.

Neil Frank was shipping his weeds all the way across the US to sell at our local club. I must have made 100$ a month on average at the club meetings for several years.

I could have sold even more if I wanted to do the mid month meetings etc, I actually had 2x the plant biomass to sell(big trim weekly or 2x a month).

I was making more than I was spending on electric and fertilizers etc.
Few breeders can say that, but larger commercial breeder do. But then that's their job, not their hobby.

If you work the net, you ought to be able to make some $ with plants, they are very easy to ship and sell that way.

Regards,
Tom Barr