This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

ABS Plastic

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by imatrout, Sep 3, 2005.

1. imatrout

imatrout Prolific Poster

Is ABS plastic safe for aquariums? I am wanting to use ABS plastic drains to cover my suction inlets. These are 2 piece units used for floor drains and have a housing and a cap that will fit over my bulkheads. Then you can stuff the housing with a sponge and cover it. I know that PVC is aquarium safe, but I am not sure about ABS. Does anybody know?

Thanks!

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: ABS Plastic

Works fine for me and over many years.
    I guess if you do not do water changes or prune plants/cuttings etc, you might have an issue.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Stu

Stu Junior Poster

Re: ABS Plastic

ABS is the chief plastic used for my eheim filter (stated on the product), and I'm thinking most filters would be the same.

Regards,
    [​IMG]