This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

A visit to the Doctors office may help in more ways than you think?

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by TheWoo, Dec 6, 2011.

1. TheWoo

TheWoo Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:44 PM
    Given that the winter months are upon us I thought I would share an idea that I have used to transport fish in the depths of winter. I am sure they will work just as well for shipping plants.

The majority of Doctors receive free samples from the drug manufacturers in thick walled styrofoam boxes (the walls and top are 2" thick) the majority of these boxes end up in a land fill. So not are we only helping what we send in colder weather, but we are keeping these boxes out of the land fill.

View attachment 2607

Plus being made of styrofoam they weigh next to nothing so should not affect the shipping costs.

2. bsmith782

bsmith782 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Very good idea! Next time im at the dr's ill see what they have.

Thanks.

3. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    your local public health office may also have these containers, along with ice packs and other packing items. Used to transport vaccines with temp requirements. My local public health office puts out these things for any who want them every couple months.

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Might even be able to send a Kidney to your Great Aunt in need along with the plants to Great Uncle Ernie.

5. TheWoo

TheWoo Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Not only no but heck no!

I only have one kidney ... and I definitely need that one!