A source of potassium nitrate (KNO3) in Australia...

timmo11

Junior Poster
Sep 3, 2007
Hi folks

Well after some digging around, I have found somewhere to buy KNO3 in Australia at a reasonable price.

Auschems has 500g for A$10, plus A$10 delivery. Delivery is by courier only to a physical street address. It arrived in a zip-locked bag in a courier satchel. Communication is a bit slow but very friendly with the store owner. I asked him if he could get other ferts for us, but he said the he had no cheap sources of anything except iron chelate.

Tim

shake

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2006
Ocean Grove, Australia
Try Aquagreen in the Northern Territory. Dave is a nice bloke and goes out of his way to help. Also has a nice range of native plants, fish and shrimps.

There is also a member here that has the complete range of ferts based in Melbourne. Not sure if he is selling to the general public but I'm sure he will chime in if he is to let you know.

timmo11

Junior Poster
Sep 3, 2007
Hi Shake

THanks for the advice. I had come across Dave's site and the plant range is amazing.

Sadly the elusive KNO3 is no longer for sale, but he has quite a few other ferts. No simlple supply of Ca++ though

TIm

argnom

Guru Class Expert
May 24, 2009
Montreal, Canada
In case of emergency

I do not live in Australia, but here in Canada if I ever forget to order some KNO3 and need to make a batch of ferts, I go to the local pharmacy.

In my experience, do not ask them for potassium nitrate. They probably will not know what that stuff is or they'll think you want to make firecrackers (KNO3 is one of the basic ingredients in black powder (15th century gun powder).

Just ask them for some Saltpeter. It's the same thing. Over here, it goes for about 5-6$CDA for 100g. Not all pharmacies carry it though. It used to be taken as a diuretic (makes you go pee).

Kerry Gaston

Junior Poster
Aug 3, 2011
Bought mine from kb-supplies

HI, a good place in NSW that posted it to me here in QLD is KB-Supplies. I bought 4kg no problems.
Go to: www.kbsupplies.com.au
Or google search kb-supplies for ebay purchase.

Chunks

Prolific Poster
Oct 5, 2011
Wollongong, Australia
I purchased mine from http://www.duralite.com.au/ it was easy enough, you will have to call and place an order over the phone. The only problem was that I had to purchase 5kgs of it.

If you are after a smaller quantity I'm happy to measure it out and send you some of mine. Let me know if your interested. I run an Internet business so it's no issue to ship you something as I'm shipping goods out all over Australia every day.

I also have available

Potassium Nitrate
Potassium Sulphate
Mono Potassium Phosphate
Rexolin APN Micro Mix

Last edited by a moderator:

Amanda Adkins

aquariumfertilizer.com
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2015
Napa, California
www.aquariumfertilizer.com
Hi folks

Well after some digging around, I have found somewhere to buy KNO3 in Australia at a reasonable price.

Auschems has 500g for A$10, plus A$10 delivery. Delivery is by courier only to a physical street address. It arrived in a zip-locked bag in a courier satchel. Communication is a bit slow but very friendly with the store owner. I asked him if he could get other ferts for us, but he said the he had no cheap sources of anything except iron chelate.

Tim

We carry all the nutrients aquatic plants need at www.aquariumfertilizer.com in 1 lb quantities in dry, water soluble form. And we ship all over the world including Australia.