calarasi/romania
i've got this source of microelements,
– 8.1% Fier (Fe) chelat EDTA;
– 3.5% Mangan (Mn) chelat EDTA;
– 1% Bor (B) solubil in apa;
– 0.6% Zinc (Zn) chelat EDTA;
– 0.3% Cupru (Cu) chelat EDTA;
– 0.3% Molibden (Mo).

I want to start adding in the aquarium, what do you think about the concentrations, the proportions of these elements?

Allwissend

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2016
www.intuitiveaqua.net
Here is your mix compared to @burr740, ratio standardized by Mn (Yours/Burr's):

Fe 0.83
Mn 1.00
B 0.73
Zn 0.31
Mo 5.14
Cu 3.86
Ni 0

So very little Zn, lots more Mo and Cu. Cu should not be a problems as Burr's mix is intentionally low on Cu. The thing is your mix is EDTA while Burr's is not. However this may be a good thing in very hard water. I am currently trying Burr's mix with chelated traces and did not see major side effects.

Bottom line, I would say use it, to my knowledge there is no definite ratio that works.

Reactions: burr740

daniel deacu

Jan 24, 2018
calarasi/romania
I was thinking of combining with some Fe DTPA and adding some Zn in addition,like Zn Sulphate to increse de amount of...my water is KH 2(i use HCL on WC weekly) and GH 12-13

daniel deacu

Jan 24, 2018
calarasi/romania
1.what problems could I have because of copper at that value? the reason why I want to change the composition a little, is that at approx. 1w / l Staurogyne Repens stagnates, is the only plant that have some sort of brown algae on it.

2.is it a problem using EDTA chelates? I knew it was recommended to use chelates. but I know nothing of their unwanted effects, what would they be? thank you for help !!