This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

A Different Aproach To Gda

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by ixxe75, Apr 20, 2019.

1. ixxe75

ixxe75 New Member

Local Time:
    12:40 PM
    I allways had gda in my co2 tanks.
    I tried it all. more nutrions. less nutrions more co2 less light etc.
    I tried the leave it alone method.
    After it got all brown i removed it and next week it was back again.

Last years i controlled it by keeping kno3 a bit low and it would just start forming on the most lighted part of the glass after a week.
    2 weeks ago i got a bad outbreak after rescaping a small tank. Maby 2 weeks in.

I decided to do something different. I increased the light (adjustable led) and shortened the time it was lit with about 1 or 2 hours down to 7.
    Things started to happen , after 2-3 days it started to decrease in the darker spots. My Hc started to grow like crazy, that prolly helped to.
    I do not feed anything in the tank still these small critters multiplied and started eating the stuff like crazy :)
    so i had some help there to.

57568394_1217384005088888_8865590622463983616_n.jpg

2. Deanna

Deanna New Member

Local Time:
    6:40 AM
    I'm guessing Seed Shrimp. I had a friend that had them and they cleaned his glass of the GDA he had as well. Can't recall if they also cleaned leaf surfaces. Multiplied like crazy, then seemed to die off as food (algae, in this case) was consumed. Reminded me of snails: lots of them until food is controlled. They are harmless and possibly beneficial. It would be interesting to hear how you like them after a month or so.

Nodine likes this.
Tags: