This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

90 Gallon Wet Dry questions

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Steves, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Steves

Steves Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:28 AM
    Hi,
    I have a 90 gallon Tru Vue 18D 24T 48W with center overflow which I have struggled over the last four years to filter properly. It drains into a wet/dry sump which I have sealed per Tom Barr. My overflow uses a durso design and I have a secondary overflow and a valve to quiet the flow. The wetdry is powered by a quiet-one 2200 (594 gph) which dumps into a DIY co2 injector (Thanks again Tom) I also added a Fluval 404 (wouldn't buy this again ) to help clean the debris at the base of the tank. The inputs from the quiet one are at either end of the tank. The fluval returns near the center. I have tried moving the pump inputs to spary bar at the top to vertical bars located on both ends and to inputs at the base of the tanks. I do weekly 50% water changes.

Should I up the pump to better force the debris off the bottom? It seems when the loaches eat they stir up so much debris that the tank can take a couple of hours to clear.
    Or is it the location of the center overflow? Should I add powerheads to the bottom of both sides of the tank? I am also not against removing the center overflow and moving it to both sides (two overflows) I realize that will involve cutting out and polishing the plexiglass (which is black) but I have about had it with the cloudy water.

Thanks for any ideas

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:28 AM
    Hi,

Please elaborate on what you want to accomplish?

You told us a lot about your system and HOW it has changed, but not nearly enough about why..

Is it simply to get better overall cleaning of the substrate?

How many and what type of fish do you have? Could the filtration setup be insufficient for the tank's need?