This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

90 gall & lighting

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by travdawg, Feb 28, 2005.

1. travdawg

travdawg Guru Class Expert

I have a bid on a 90 (us) gallon tank, stand, hood & what I suspect is a 4x65 watt Coralife PC light fixture. The dimensions on the tank are 48*18*24. Will this ligthing be strong enough to reach the floor of a 24" tall tank?

I have reposted this on several forums, just dying for an answer!

2. chubasco

chubasco Guru Class Expert

Re: 90 gall & lighting

Travdawg,
    Yes it is, especially if your substrate is 10" deep and you're growing some
    form of submerged mushrooms :) ..just kiddin'. It's 2.8888888 wpg of cf,
    that should do it: not high light, but not low, either. You can always double
    up the lighting, later, if you want to turn it into a ferrari :D

Bill

ps If you get it, I see a couple of 175w MHs in your horoscope :)

3. travdawg

travdawg Guru Class Expert

psh, not in this horoscope, I couldnt affor dhte fixtures, much less the bulbs.

edit: I am fairly sure I will be pickin this up. Its a SW tank currently, but he is gonna clean it out, sell me the tank, stand & what I suspect is a 4x65 watt Coralife fixture, & glass cover, all for around $325!!! I am waiting to find out what the light is. Not sure which model he has.

4. chubasco

chubasco Guru Class Expert

It'd be great if the ballasts can drive 4- 96w lights! That would definitely do
    ya. That's a pretty good deal for $325!

Bill