This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

600 Inspirational Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by aibcarpentry, Aug 30, 2018.

1. aibcarpentry

aibcarpentry Member

Local Time:
    5:53 PM
    So at the end of last year I put some pieces of wood together as shown in the thread below but something just wasn't right so I ended up going down the iwagumi route and just realised I never put a thread up on here.
    https://barrreport.com/threads/opinions-please.14957/#post-149257

This time around I want to create something nice and simple that doesn't require too much attention and I can sit back and enjoy a bit more than the iwagumi. Part of the problem I had last time was arranging the wood in a way I was happy with, didn't interfere with my spraybar and also still enabled me to create my vision.

I have a vision of a scape with a very simple river gravel / pebble substrate and use the wood to plant some Anubias and Buces. As I say last time I just couldn't come up with a way of arranging my wood that matched my criteria so this time I'm looking for some advice and suggestions. I'm looking to get a selection of wood from Tom so hopefully there will be some pieces in there that fall together for me!

I've had a good trawl through google images and pinterest but just not connecting my thoughts with pictures.
    Does anyone have any scapes in mind with or without the gravel for me to look at and inspire me?

Cheers
    Andrew

2. aibcarpentry

aibcarpentry Member

Local Time:
    This is where I have got to; after peoples honest opinions, as you can tell I'm not a born aquascaper so any pointers are gratefully received.
    I know I need to put a slope into the substrate but this was just to give an idea.

20181005_143500.jpg 20181005_143713.jpg 20181005_143716.jpg 20181005_143720.jpg 20181005_143723.jpg

3. aibcarpentry

aibcarpentry Member

Local Time:
    Anyone have anything to say?
    Honest opinions please.

*ignore the last photo - if anyone can tell me how to remove it when editing I'd love to hear it.

20181009_133424.jpg 20181009_133427.jpg 20181009_133448.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Tags: