This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

55 Gallon Soon To Be 150 Gallon Tank Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Ryan8, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Ryan8

Ryan8 New Member

Local Time:
    11:43 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I just joined the Barr Report, I've been a fish keeper for many years and have recently gotten back into the hobby after a break when I first got married. Now I have kids as well and have gotten them bitten by the fish keeping bug!

Currently I have a 55 Gallon planted aquarium that is home to a school of 15 tiger barbs, a clown pleco, 6 Bronze Cordyas and 3 Panda Garra's.

They will soon be moved over to a 150 gallon that I am in the process of building a stand for and purchasing the remaining equipment I need (still need lights, a heater and 1 more FX6).

I'll get some pictures up of my set up and I have a few questions about some issues I've been having as well!

Thanks for having me

Ryan

2. Ryan8

Ryan8 New Member

Local Time:
    Ok here is a shot of my set up, its a bit of an older shot as the 20 gallon tank below has some java moss and it has exploaded. but the baby platties and swords love it.

well its not letting me post a picture even though I have made 2 posts....

3. Ryan8

Ryan8 New Member

Local Time:
    I seem to be battling a BGL outbreak recently in my established 55 gal tank. Here are the specs:

Lighting: 1 x dual t5h0 on for 4 hrs a day & 1 x 36" Planted plus 24/7 running the 24 hr cycle
    CO2: pressurized with a dedicated pump and sera flora reactor. My drop checker is a nice lime green at all times
    Ferts: EI dosing with Equilibrium on Sundays (50% water change days)

I did some measurements tonight and this is what the results were:

Nitrite: 0 mg/l
    Nitrate: 5-10 MG/l
    Phosphate: >5 mg/l
    GH: 300 ppm
    KH: 50 ppm

4. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    4:43 AM
    No pictures are showing.