This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

429 Dutch

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Atb333atb, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Atb333atb

Atb333atb Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:06 AM
    Click pictures for details pls! sorry for my bad phone camera.
    I noticed some small spots of bbs on some plants so i added more co2. ph target now is 5,4 it was 5,6 until now. The problem is after i rise the co2 level some plants show me some deficit. What you think it is? I guess iron since i use DTPA maybe the new ph is too low for this kind of iron. Other micro? Have i activated some other limiting factor by the Liebig's law? i dont think is a macro since i have nutritive soil 100liters and my macro are: 15-20 no3, 2 po4, 6-8 mg, k over 45 via JBL test.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Prior to this i had some pale interveins, leaves which i thought it was Mg deficit. I add 30-40 mg epson salt at each water change because i have 1ppm Mg in my tap water.
    I am happy with the plant growt and look. Only pantanal is in poar sape and growth.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What you think of this?

#61 Atb333atb, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  2. skija

skija Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Usually melting is co2 issue ,but if you think you can master co2 good than it can be light deficiency ,but only if plants are growing in shade .
    I found out recently why my stauros are melting sometimes , NH4 , I gave the fish too much food 2 or 3 days and they didn't ate all the food so i had a lot of waste food on the bottom of my tank , 2 days later stauro was melting , so that means more NH4 , after 1 day BBA appears on some hardscape , ALL plants were growing slower.Water had a strange smell when i did the WC , something like sulfur

I did 2 big water changes , cleaned the filter , trimmed the bad looking plants , all good in 2 days , its second time this is happening to me when I give fish too much food for a few days. I need to change fish food

But if I look close to some pictures you posted i see some GSA which means too much light (or bad co2 circulation), considering you have 2 ppm of po4

Trim your plants if they reached the surface , you might need better flow

3. Atb333atb

Atb333atb Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I had dosed some ureea for a period of time. Not very much. Even with high value po4 you can get GSA if the N/P ratio is biger than 10. My soil absorb some of the po4 so i must dose separatly. Sometimes i forget or my no3 + nh4 gets high values. Meanwhile i set the target for my PH 5,3 and things are much better.
    Light is quite strong. I moved the lamp back to 25 cm beacause my walls gets dirty in less than a week.

4. skija

skija Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Maybe stop dosing urea for a month or so and see the results ?

5. Atb333atb

Atb333atb Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I bought more pantanal. IMG_20180506_180229.jpg

LRJ, toads74, skija and 4 others like this.
  6. Atb333atb

Atb333atb Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Curent state. Click the picture!
    [​IMG]

jfhrtn, LRJ, burr740 and 2 others like this.
  7. Atb333atb

Atb333atb Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Some recent shots!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jfhrtn, LRJ, Phishless and 2 others like this.
Tags: