This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

40b dutchish scape

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by sjb2487, Jan 7, 2014.

1. sjb2487

sjb2487 Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    7:35 PM
    tank has been up and goin for almost 2months....barrs tank is definitely an inspiration...im definitely not satisfied it.. mainly with the stem plant arrangement so im definitely open for suggestions the rocks are there just to hold the wood down because they are still not completely saturated..im probably going end ripping everything out just to screw some slate to the stupid thing... im considering swapping the HC cuba with some else...also i have more pantanal..just sold most out of this tank to a buddy

planting after day 1
    [​IMG]

NOW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres one scenario i was thinking
    [​IMG]

1. L. Sp. Red
    2. Syn. Belem
    3. R. Mini Butterfly
    4. R. Mex Araguaia
    5. ?
    6. R. Ramasoir 'Florida' (would take an awful lot)

another thought i had was to move the Downoi to row 6 then fill the whole row with L.Sp Red where the downoi is now...then use Pantanal in slot 1.. Slot 5 needs to be something green

2. jerrybforl

jerrybforl Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Plants look very healthy. I would try some sloping in the back to give you some depth.

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    L senegalensis for 5 and I'd pass on the R. Florida. It's going to be tough to keep it low and doing well there.
    L sphareocarpa might be better.

4. sjb2487

sjb2487 Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    [​IMG]

right now i dont know if i wanna keep syngonanthus belem.... i probably am giving it too much room and need to thin it out...i would like to use something else but lacking ideas

behind the L. sp red i planted R. Vietnam.. its trimmed down about an inch away from the substrate right now...

gratiola viscidula in front of the R. Mini Butterfly....its got a ways to go before filled in*R. Mex Araguaia in the right back corner...trimmed low right now*

R. Mac Variegated on the right where i had Bacopa sp Japan

I have some L. Sphaerocarpa in the middle in front of the G. Viscidula...if i cant get it to color up much its not staying...it was shaded in another tank and i just planted it yesterday so time will tell.. if they do well ill grow out about 4 or 5 more stems and fill in*

still have some slots to fill..just kinda been taking my time and thinking about what it would look like with different plants in wpots

i think i want a Buce Browni Ghost patch in the center where the single one is now... may have to gather some of those up soon...I have alot more browni red than the ghost so migbt just put it in there for now

decided to use s. repens in behind the HC..S. repens have always been a favorite of mine.. plus i needed something a little taller between the foreground and background so its not such a big step up