This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

40 Breeder Lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by CuyahogaAquatics, Apr 2, 2018.

1. CuyahogaAquatics

CuyahogaAquatics New Member

Local Time:
    10:37 PM
    Hello all,
    New to the forum here and had a question that may have been answered but after going through the first several pages i did not find anything that related. Found lots of useful information about the qualities of light and how it helps plants grow but nothing on what i'm about to ask.

I currently have the fluval fresh & plant 2.0 on my aqueon 40 gallon breeder tank. The light seems okay but after looking at some of the growth and the way their lights make the tank shine, I am wondering if i choose the wrong light for this tank. I was wondering are t5ho lights still a viable option over some of the led's on the market today or is there something better then the t5ho in the fluorescent line. I have seen some amazing tanks that are have lights such as the ati sunpower t5ho on them but i have also seen some great tanks with led's and i'm not sure if i just have a "cheap" model.

I know the fluval after looking at it further uses some no name leds on them instead of the cree brand leds so i'm wondering if this is my problem. My tank is currently on RO/DI water with equilibrium for gh and acid/alkaline buffer added to my water. I have my GH set at 5 and my KH is at 5 as well. PH is 7.0. I use aquarium co-op easy green fertilizer as well as iron. I have yet to get a co2 system on my tank but that is my next thing i will be investing in. My plants are as follows

Ludwigia Repens
    Scarlet Temple
    Dwarf Saggitaria
    Micro Sword
    Crypt Wendtii
    I can't remember the last plant unfortunately.

Thanks for any and all help.

2. Fissh

Fissh New Member

Local Time:
    10:37 PM
    Easy green is a bit low on macros (NP specifically). If you wanted to stick with an all in one check out thrive by nilocg.
    You might need two lights for better spread in a 40b depending on your planting locations.