4 dKH Solution Question

C

csmith

Can the distilled water be substituted with RO/DI water, or is there too much left in to be of use?

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
DI Not RO

Hi,

De-ionized (DI) water can be substituted for distilled if you are reasonably sure that it is without ions. :)

Reverse Osmosis (RO) water is not a good idea, RO allows some carbonate hardness, KH. :gw

Biollante

Last edited by a moderator:

Gbark

Guru Class Expert
Jun 15, 2009
I agree with biollante,

But if you do wish to use your RO water run it through a DI unit aswell :D

C

csmith

Gbark;49931 said:
I agree with biollante,

But if you do wish to use your RO water run it through a DI unit aswell :D

Nah, just got some distilled water today.

C

csmith

Well, I finally found something I'm good at: CO2 estimation. Put the drop checker in, went back and checked it maybe an hour and a half later and green it is.

pat w

Nov 4, 2009
Daphne, AL (east Mobile Bay)
Just found out a couple of weeks ago that the company where I work makes DI water in HUGE quantities. I knew we did our own water treatment, but I thought it was just to prep wastewater for discharge, EPA stuff. Normal levels are maintained at approx. 2200 gal. The generator kicks on when the level goes below 1800 gal. They'll purge a few dozen gallons on a whim just to wash out some of the equipment parts. I got the go ahead to grab a gallon or two whenever I need some. Just got to be careful not to open the 2" purge valve too far or I'll get washed away.:D

Pat