3M Econo Co2 Regulator Nylon Washer

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
I'm having a hard time finding replacement nylon washer for this co2 regulator that Marine Depot sells , They say they don't sell the nylon washer , Any one know where I might look into .
IMO: I think 3M is a Medical CO2 Regulator the nylon washer snaps in place and stays on so it doesn't fall out when someone changes tanks. It's a good regulator never had an issue with it, and Marine Depot sells 3 models of this.
Here is a couple of pic's of what it looks like.
Has any one ever use or bought one from Marine Depot? or have an idea who makes these regulator I know Marine Depot don't know who makes there Regulator but yet they sell them.
It kind of looks like a JBJ or a Reef Fanatic CO2 Regulator I wonder if they use the same seal?

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
I was just wondering if i get a nylon Washer or a Rubber Washer that fit inside the groove flat and use a Per ma Seal would that work?

:confused:

I was doing some digging around on the m3 CO2 Regulator I guess it start out that Monolith Marine Monsters {m3} of MA. were the company that own m3. when Ed the owner folded Marine Depot took over. So who is still MFG m3 regulators?
When you go on Marine Depot an check out there regulators they have a Details of the MFG who make there product called Cramer Decker Industries. now the funny thing is I email them to see where i could buy the washer I told them I got there info from Marine Depot. I get a email from there Tec Service an tells me they don't MFG co2 regulators for them an that that is a Disclaimer!! Now I'm back to zero again???

kid creole

Prolific Poster
Dec 19, 2008
Raleigh, NC
They sell them for $.40 at my welding supply store.

If you really can't find one, I could get some and drop them in the mail to you. PM me your address if you need me to.

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
Have you tried going to a good hardware store and seeing if they have any seals that would work there? I'm pretty sure my local Ace Hardware, admittedly a good old fashioned one, would be able to find something in their stock.

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
I tried my local hardware store no luck and back to my local wielding supply store he said he only had the normal washers and did not know where i could look for what I needed .
But I did get an email from Marine Depot after ruffing some feathers on there web forum about how hard it was to get the nylon seals for there regulators .
They agreed to send me some and they said they will be receiving more for spare parts and if I needed more just let them know!

Thanks kid creole you sure it's the same as my pic's I had a hard time looking for them? You couldn't get a name of the MFG so I can email them to find out where I could order more. Thanks

kid creole

Prolific Poster
Dec 19, 2008
Raleigh, NC
inkslinger;32640 said:
I tried my local hardware store no luck and back to my local wielding supply store he said he only had the normal washers and did not know where i could look for what I needed .
But I did get an email from Marine Depot after ruffing some feathers on there web forum about how hard it was to get the nylon seals for there regulators .
They agreed to send me some and they said they will be receiving more for spare parts and if I needed more just let them know!

Thanks kid creole you sure it's the same as my pic's I had a hard time looking for them? You couldn't get a name of the MFG so I can email them to find out where I could order more. Thanks

Ehhh, I don't think I looked close enough. I think the ones that I have are the 'regular' ones that your welding supplier already has, and they have a smaller hole in the middle. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
Will I did enough barking on the Marine Depot web forum that I got 4 for free in the mail!!
:D

But they still did not give me the info on who makes these washers so I can order from them . Now that I got 4 I'm going to look around local hardware stores .

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
You can use the other pressed cardboard ones also.
They(most all except the brass rubber gasket type) need replacing every time but are cheap and give a great seal.

Regards,
Tom Barr