- Jan 23, 2005
I replanted and removed all the black flourite and switched to good old cheap dolomite. I reduced the light from about 50-60 micromols at the bottom , to 30.
Easier to see the fish, nice sediment, happier client.
Tank is about 2 weeks old after the redo and complete tear down.
Tank is far from done, but should grow in a bit, I'll make some plant changes. Moss should take over the tree in the slightly off center spot. Sort of a leaf effect on a bonsai. On the left wall, there will be 1-2 EcoTech wavemakers to provide a high current experience for the fish and to clean the tank nicely. This means 3000-6000 Gallon/hr pulsed floweds down to about 800 gph.
Right now there is about 1000gph through the wet/dry filter, and separate loop for a large Ehiem 2250. And a 1500-2000gph wave continuous flow(this will be removed for the Ecotechs).
Added new white moon lights on a reverse light switch, so when the lights go off, the moon lights come on.
Still to do:
1. Add new return pump that's quieter.
2. Replumb to reduce bends/turns, head pressure.
3. Provide access to change a very old UV bulb.
4. Remove chiller loop and unit.
5. Add drip dosing
6. Add another auto feeder(one fell into the aquarium and is toast)
7. Install micro freezer for frozen food access at tank location(where chiller was)
8. Test lower lighting without HQI's running.
The issue for me is that removing the Metal halides also means no ripple sunlight effect, but I get better growth without them and cleaner etc.
The fish loading is high, some other issues occur since the tank is not touched much all week often times due to acess, but these can/are be/being addressed.