29G planted tank

Philosophos

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2009
Good growth in your aquarium, especially at that density. I'm guessing a higher quality picture would show the beauty of your tank better. It's amazing how much of it is in the camera work.

If I were to make suggestions, I would say that you've either got a good left to right slope in the making, or a valley shape on the 3/5ths mark to the right. Try defining one or the others.

You've also got some collecteritus going. You could probably be more effective with half the species of plants, and a little bit of hardscape.

The idea you mentioned to me in chat of doing a custom background is good. While black is nice to work with at the start, the sky look really helps to get rid of the closed in appearance of some tanks.

-Philosophos

B

Brian20

yeah im crazy with collectoritis, If I can I would have all the plant species in my home. (In my life I collect hotwheels cars, airplanes replicas, car replicas, cards, etc...) I will try to mantain the plants number without making it too jungle. i will put some hardscape when i have something really nice to put.

B

Brian20

New pics!

Acuario10desep004.jpg

Koralia nano

Acuario10desep005.jpg

I have a problem with the old filter, so I make one new. I have the tank like 3 days with lights of, without filter and Co2. Only the koralia working so some plants suffers, expecially the proserpinaca melted a lot. The scape not is completely, still a lot of work but I like it:D

Brian.

B

Brian20

Acuario10desep007.jpg

Acuario10desep012.jpg

Acuario10desep010.jpg

New filter

Acuario10desep014.jpg

I cut the pics in two parts because only 4 pics for reply

B

Brian20

I have a problem, today I bought 10 tetras (pristella) and 5 otos. I aclimatised the fish and put them in the tank. BAD!!! all the new fish go to the surface, gasping for air. A few die in 3-4 mins. I take all and put in the water they come (because I spare some of the water that dont use for the acclimatation proccess) They go back to normal. I aclimatised they again, now veryy slow and switch off the CO2 and put aireation in the tank. Then put them again in tank and survive.

few tank parameters:

1. High CO2 (3 bubbles per sec.)
2. pH

shoggoth43

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2009
How did you aclimatize the fish?

Any parameters? It sounds like it's the very large CO2 change in bag water vs. the new tank water.

-
S

Brian20;41872 said:
I have a problem, today I bought 10 tetras (pristella) and 5 otos. I aclimatised the fish and put them in the tank. BAD!!! all the new fish go to the surface, gasping for air. A few die in 3-4 mins. I take all and put in the water they come (because I spare some of the water that dont use for the acclimatation proccess) They go back to normal. I aclimatised they again, now veryy slow and switch off the CO2 and put aireation in the tank. Then put them again in tank and survive.

few tank parameters:

1. High CO2 (3 bubbles per sec.)
2. pH

B

Brian20

Well for my suprise. The pristella fish survive (I only take 9 out of my tank and then reaclimatise the 9 pristella and put again in tank) I think that 1 pristella die but no die. I count them yesterday and there are the 10 pristella. Unfortunatelly 2 otos die. I check in internet and for the otos the aclimatation needs to be very slow.

shoggoth I also think that is the CO2 change because the fishes are ok now. I will try to buy 2 otos again. Also thinking in buy 10 neon tetras.